Sleep better, live better.
Sleep is as vital to our health as food, air and water.
Culturally we have created a bravado and lifestyle that actively inhibits our ability to sleep well, and we congratulate each other for “getting by” on 4-6 hours sleep. It's time to change our relationship to sleep, and Yoga Nidra is a powerful addition to optimal sleep hygiene.
Yoga Nidra works for sleep, here is how......
- Disidentifaction from thoughts which often are the cause of restlessness. You are the witness to the thoughts with practice you recognise that you are not your thoughts.
- Restoration, we induce the relaxation response, inviting physical release of tension, necessary to fall asleep. We balance our nervous system, helping to regulate our hormones that impact our ability to sleep nad stay asleep.
- Create the equivalent process in our body of sleep, by slowing down the brain waves from active mind, alpha brainwaves, to deeply restful and slow theta brain waves. If we remain in that state sleep is the next step.
- Set the intention to relax and let go. How often have you been working on a device right up until sleep time then wonder why your mind can't switch off? Yoga Nidra before bed creates space between "working mind" and "resting mind".
- Integrate experience, sensations and emotions of our day. Feel and notice these without label or judgement, clearing the way for restful sleep.
Yoga Nidra for Sleep
Created to help you fall asleep, this yoga Nidra will lead you into a state of deep relaxation where you can't help but fall asleep. This recording ends in silence in the depth of relaxation and doesn't bring you back to an awakened alert state. Practice consistently and experience the difference.